What is Sublimation?
Sublimation is the most innovative process in the team uniform industry. The design possibilities are endless, as digital artwork is dye transferred on to fabric panels allowing for the ultimate in creativity and durability. This cutting edge process ensures that your uniforms will be light weight and durable. At X-treme, we pride ourselves on our highest quality fabrics, vibrant colors and distinctive designs.
Sublimation is the best choice for team uniforms and custom sports apparel.
Many people ask “What is sublimation printing and why choose to sublimate vs. screen print”?Sublimation is the process of transferring dye to a fabric using heat. The image is printed on special paper placed on the garment and heat is applied, allowing the ink to become part of the fabric. This will leave you with a more breathable, soft-hand feel to the fabric. The best part is that the numbers, letters and graphics do not wear off!
MORE IN-DEPTH: Sublimation Printing - What is it, and what can it do for you?
Some apparel decorators call it dye-sub, or dye sublimation printing, but no matter what you call it, sublimation printing is a versatile, digital printing method that opens up a world of opportunities to any consumer of decorated goods.
So, what is sublimation? Well, simply put, sublimation is a process by which sublimation dyes are printed onto a transfer medium with a specially prepared inkjet printer. Thereafter, those dyes are then transferred from the medium to an object or garment under the heat and pressure delivered by a commercial heat press. Sublimation only works on garments made of polyester, or on specialty objects made of polyester or given a polyester coating. When the heat and pressure are applied, the dye on the transfer medium sublimates, or becomes a gas, and is then absorbed into the polyester itself; the print is actually a part of the garment/coating.It doesn’t fade easily, wear, or have any texture or weight.
ADVANTAGES OF SUBLIMATION
- Unlimited colors with no added cost
- Produces vibrant colors, making it perfect for photographic images
- Ability to create complex all-over print designs on the front and back of your garment
- You can’t feel the print at all
- Sublimation print will not crack, peel, or fade
- Enhance your garment by adding a heat transfer such as, rhinestones, hot fix glitter or foil
So, what does all of this mean to you, our customer? There are many benefits to the process:
- Full color on small runs.Unlike screen printing, there is no need for separate screens, films, or a great deal of setup for sublimation. Though you may well need to have us refine your art, the process thereafter is straightforward, and on smaller orders may prove less expensive overall than screen printing.
- Less need for minimum orders.We are more likely to be able to accommodate a smaller order or re-order when you sublimate, due to the reduced amount of setup needed to print your item.
- Individual customization.Though art charges may apply for this level of customization, seeing as each garment is printed from it’s own transfer rather than en masse on the same set of screens, this method makes it much easier to add individual customization to each printed item.
- Lighter hand.The nature of sublimation means that prints are never heavy or thick. The garment is unchanged by the process, save for the addition of your art.
- Durability.There is no cracking or peeling in a sublimated print, they last as long as the garment.
How do I purchase from X-treme™?
You can purchase through our online store or contact one of our sales agents to complete your order Order Desk
Which sports do X-treme™ supply uniform?
We manufactures and supplies in-stock and custom team uniform programs for Hockey, Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Football, Box and Field Lacrosse, Roller Hockey, Volleyball, Cycling, Track, Rugby as well as Team & Promotional Apparel.
What are the minimum order from X-treme™?
There are no required min. for in stock products.
Cut and sew custom garment there is a min. of 24 units
sublimated custom garments there is a min. of 15 units
Sublimted Repeats will be on a case by case basis
Where are X-treme™ product Design, and manufactured?
Our products our designed, printed and sewn in house in Asia. In our self own factory. All of our employees work together, under one roof. Just like a TEAM would! ALl of our staff and employees are treated with the highest standards and safety.
What is cut and sew?
Cut & sewn manufacturing involves cutting and sewing fabric panels and individually cut stripes to construct a finished garment. This is a more traditional manufacturing method although striping and design capabilities are somewhat limited.
What is embroidery?
Embroidered logo designs are stitched directly on to garments with an automated embroidery machine. The logo artwork must first be digitized using embroidery software.
What is the best way to care for my X-treme kit
Please read and review our Garment care
What is the diffrence between Pro fit and Premier fit Jersey
Fit: Jersey fits tigher, and with higher % of spandex. Jersey is also lighter in weight. Think what the Pro teams wear
Preimer Fit: Jersey fit looser, and material is alittle thicker, more of a tradional Rugby Jersey. Great option for Youth teams.
What is the diffrence between Sublimated Spandex Short and Maori Short
Sublminated Short: with added stretch zones of fabrication that utilize a high % of spandex or lycra. These stretch areas are located in the crotch of the shorts (sometimes with names like star gusset crotch) and/or side vents on the outside of the lower thigh.
Maori:Ripstop fabric based short and embroidery logo'd with extra panels of stretch, around high movemnt area, Thigh and crotch (sometimes with names like star gusset crotch)
Will X-treme design jerseys and/or logo's for me
has an in-house graphic design team that can help you design your jersey and logo. Free of Charge.
We do prefer your team logo in a Vector fomat (.eps, .ai) but we will help you if you don't
What are the various size measurements for each sports?
Please refer to our Sizing chart for all sports Size charts
How and when do I pay for my team order?
50% desposit when you sign off on the finalized design and 50% upon completion of order prior to shipping.
all online order, your credit card or pay pal account will be charged at check out.